My Site Is Full

We're moving again! Well, not physically, but my blogger account is full, and I'm moving to a new blog location.

Click here to go to the new, improved, and totally awesome Bethany Harty blog. OK, you got me. It looks just the same as this one. Can't fool you :)



CLICK HERE TO ENTER MY NEW SITE!!!

















Thursday, April 26, 2007

This is why I won't live in Plainfield!

So if I had a fancy subdivision, when where would my kids learn about playing in the mud....


Or playing with random chunks of bricks .....


Or finding just the right stick to poke in the mud....


Or getting rocks and dirt in your boots.....


Or finding random shopping carts.....


And pushing them through the mud....


Then turning them into a boat....

I have memories like these growing up (minus the shopping cart). I can remember the "cat" making big tracks in the mud, then the rain filling it up, and making us a lovely swimming pool.

I can remember making forts in the forest. And playing with sticks. And found stuff. And getting dirty. And not having grass. And making our own fun.

This is what suburbia is missing today. It's "modernizing" life to a point that I don't think that we want to go. Me, I'll take life "20 years behind the times".

4 comments:

Lyn said...

You are so awesome! What a great experience for those little children! Make sure and let Tom and Jake have a turn too! Yeah for muddy messes!

a said...

I'll think about it. They have lots of homework to do, but wouldn't they have fun too! If they hurry, then they can play :)

Becky said...

That's too cool. I can remember building forts in the sand dunes off the bike trail...I think there's a bunch of houses out there now. YUCK!

a said...

We used to go back there too. If you hike out far enough, there was a "lake". I think it was really just a low spot that would fill with water, but I remember it as a "lake". It was sooooooo fun!

Visitors