My Site Is Full

We're moving again! Well, not physically, but my blogger account is full, and I'm moving to a new blog location.

Click here to go to the new, improved, and totally awesome Bethany Harty blog. OK, you got me. It looks just the same as this one. Can't fool you :)



CLICK HERE TO ENTER MY NEW SITE!!!

















Thursday, April 26, 2007

Pigs in a Blanket

These are good. And I even bought the crescent rolls and sausages. Usually we just use refrigerator biscuits and hot dogs. We're fancy tonight!

Ingredients:

2 8 oz tubes of crescent roll dough
3 oz cheddar cheese, shredded
16 cocktail franks
1/4 cup heavy cream
favorite mustard

  • Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
  • Unroll the tubes of crescent roll dough and separate each triangle. You should have 8 triangles per tube. Then, slice off 1/2 inch of the dough on the LONG end and discard.
  • Sprinkle the dough with the shredded cheese (about 1 tsp for each triangle). Place cocktail frank at the base of each triangle and roll up away from you, enclosing the frank in the dough. This makes the Pigs in Blankets. Trim each off the excess dough at both ends.
  • Place each pig in blanket 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Position the bigs in blankets so that the tip is on the top.
  • Then, lightly brush the top of each with the heavy cream and place the cookie sheet in the oven. Bake until golden brown and a little puffed up - about 15 minutes.
  • Now, dip each cute little pig in a blanket into the mustard.

Well, that is the way that the recipe says to cook them. Lets see if I can recreate the way that I actually did it.

First, I unrolled the crescent roll dough. Way too big to put one tiny little smokie in. So, I cut them up. From one triangle, I got about 4 pigs in a blanket. And the part about throwing away the dough, are you crazy. That's just plain wasteful.

Then, I put them on my greased cookie sheet. Then I looked that the recipe ingredients, and saw that I hadn't used the cheese yet. So I sprinkled it on top. Then I actually read what I was supposed to do with the cheese, and tried to pick it off. Note to self, if you put cheese on, your invested, and can't pick it off. OK, we'll go with the cheese on the top.

Baked for about 15 mintues like the recipe said. Next, the mustard. OK, so we still have the cream left, and I haven't used it yet, so it must go in the mustard. So I squirted some spicy brown mustard into a small dish, and added 1/4 cup cream. Made a nice dipping sauce. Again, looked back at the recipe, and saw that I was wrong again. But the dipping sauce was good that way, and the pigs in a blanket didn't suffer from the loss of the glaze, so.....

Anyway, that's how I make pigs in a blanket!

2 comments:

Madison McShinsky said...

Ha, who needs a recipe anyway!

a said...

Exactly, as long as you get all the ingredients included!

Visitors