My Site Is Full

We're moving again! Well, not physically, but my blogger account is full, and I'm moving to a new blog location.

Click here to go to the new, improved, and totally awesome Bethany Harty blog. OK, you got me. It looks just the same as this one. Can't fool you :)



CLICK HERE TO ENTER MY NEW SITE!!!

















Tuesday, March 20, 2007

My New Civil War Dress






So what do you think? I made it all by myself. Dress, apron, bonnett, stays (like a corset). Pretty neat, eh? This was just a practice dress, and it turned out really good. I could actually wear this around. Now that I know how to do it, it should be easier to make the real thing!

4 comments:

Madison McShinsky said...

You did a good job! Does Eme have one that looks like that? It would be cute to have matching dresses!

a said...

Well, that one was only my practice dress. it only cost 6.50 to make. dollar fabric at wal-mart. the real fabric is super cute. cream, blue, red, and yellow plaid. and yes, i bought more to make one for eme. this practice dress just turned out so good, that i can use it as another dress. and i made this blue checked apron, and have a red checked fabric to make another one. I may go back and buy a yard more of each fabric to make eme an apron too. then we'd really match!

The McCullough Family said...

Wonderful! Wish I could sew!

Anonymous said...

Sweetie Pie...you did a great job! I can't wait to see your real dress that you are going to make as this is just practice.

Visitors