My Site Is Full

We're moving again! Well, not physically, but my blogger account is full, and I'm moving to a new blog location.

Click here to go to the new, improved, and totally awesome Bethany Harty blog. OK, you got me. It looks just the same as this one. Can't fool you :)



CLICK HERE TO ENTER MY NEW SITE!!!

















Wednesday, December 05, 2007

The First Real Snow of Winter

What a great day it was. We woke up to find a quiet blanket of snow on the ground. How peaceful it is in the morning. I just love it. And I was glad that I didn't have to leave the house, but could do school from the comfort of my own home, and not have to brave the cold and snowy conditions outside.

At AM snacktime, the kids decided to eat really fast, and then go outside to play. They got a good 20 mintues in before it was time to come back inside and work some more. After we were done with school for the day (about 3:25), we checked the forcast and the radio station, and found out that Waverly had cancelled school for the day. Oops. No one gave us homeschoolers that memo! I didn't pass that little tid bit on to the kids :)
Scouts was also cancelled for the night, so we had a nice evening at home. We played "Scene It: Jr." That was a lot of fun. Thanks, Grandma Lyn, for buying us this fun game!


Here's a nice little clip from the boys making the snowman.

Here's the snowman that my kids made. Didn't they do a good job. Complete with carrot nose and Cincinnati Reds hat!

Eme's so cute!

Jimmy's a little blury, but you get the idea!

Joe, the loner.

Eme, making a snowball to throw at someone or another.

Jimmy in his warm winter coat. This was before we realized that socks make good mittens!




Tom making a snow angel. Hey, who left the gate open!


O.K., Jacob. I know that's not how we make a snow man. What are you trying to do? Throw the ball over the fence?


Eme's definately throwing that at someone!


All the kids together, working on the snowman. But wait, where's Joe?

6 comments:

Nathaniel said...

That white building in the background of the picture of Jim at the gate is pretty cool looking. That's a decent size snowman, and your description of Joe in that "loner" picture reminded me of a line from the first Pee-Wee Herman movie. Joe's a loner; a rebel.

Chris & Stephanie said...

So fun! I love the snow (of course we get it so seldom that is really IS a treat!). Lots of fun in Ohio! ;o)

Madison McShinsky said...

I can't get the video to work, but the pictures are way cute! I hate snow though! ha

a said...

I must admit that the older I get, the less I like the snow. Apparently, it snows here, and then is gone within a few days. That sounds terrific. In Chicago, the same snow would be on the ground for a month.

As for that white building, that's our shed. It has a false bottom, and it was used to smuggle slaves during the civil war. Underground railroad stop. Pretty cool, eh?

CSA Brent said...

Yea, I could not be sad at to never see snow again. It is nice when it is coming down, but I don't like the overall effect of living in it! Maybe a visit to the mountains. Eugene was real nice for that!

I'm glad the kids got to play in it. It is so nice that it disappears in a few days. It snowed on Wednesday and by Friday was almost completely gone!! They said that it hasn't snowed in 2 year here before this snow. I like that percentage!

CSA Brent said...

Actually, I think Nathaniel is referring to the large 3 story building in the background. That is one of many old, impressive buildings in the area. Waverly was founded in 1837, and just up the road in Chillicothe is the original state capitol of Ohio in 1806. Needless to say, there is a lot of old, historic items here!

And that stop on the Underground Railroad is on our rental property. It is neat to think, while smuggling slaves was illegal - and therefore was wrong to do, it is neat to think that those brave enough to escape slavery actually stayed mere feet away from our front door in a false floor!!

Visitors